31 Jul 2014

The “Nanny States of America” - Mother Arrested for Allowing 7-Year-Old Son Walk to Park Alone

By Michael Krieger: I remember all throughout my childhood hearing tales of how my father and his friends would run around for countless hours playing all over his Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn neighborhood. He and his friends were quite young and completely unaccompanied. His mother was busy at home, and he cherished those moments in between school and dinnertime. In fact, the many stories he told my brother and I always came with a nostalgic smile related to the memories of those fleeting, precious moments of dangerous freedom.”

Naturally, things could get dicey at times. In fact, the most popular and nearly tragic tale he used to tell had to do with this one older bully they nicknamed “Egg,” simply because his head was pointy at the top just like an egg. One late afternoon, “Egg” took hold of my dad and his friend and tied them up to a tree. Had my grandmother not gone out to find them in time, there might have been a serious problem. Nevertheless, despite this random act of tree-tying egg inspired aggression, my dad would never trade those hours of independence for anything.

Let’s now fast forward to my youth. I also grew up in New York City, but my home was across the East River on the island of Manhattan. I went to school in the city, and by the time I was in about 4th grade many kids were taking the public bus to school all by themselves. I begged my mom to join in, and despite being very hesitant, she ultimately relented. I was only 9 or 10 years old at the time. This was NYC in the 1980s and all sorts of stuff could and did go wrong. Nevertheless, I started taking the bus by myself and it fostered an early sense of independence and freedom. Looking back, I’m really glad I did that, but I’m even more relieved they didn’t charge my mother with a felony for it.
Things have changed a lot since then. In modern America, if you are an average citizen you more or less do not have any rights at all, particularly if you are one of those domestic terrorists we calls parents. Take the recent absurd example of Nicole Gainey, a Florida mom who was arrested for allowing her 7-year-old son walk to a park by himself. No, this is not from The Onion. From WPTV:
Port St. Lucie, FL (WPTV) — A mom faces a charge of child neglect after she allowed her son to go to a park alone. She says he’s old enough but Port St. Lucie Police disagree. Now she’s fighting back.
“Honestly didn’t think I was doing anything wrong,” says Gainey, “I was letting him go play.
It’s a half mile from their Port St. Lucie home. Dominic says it only takes him about 10 to 15 minutes to get there. During the walk, the 7-year-old passed a public pool. Someone there asked him where his mom was.
“They asked me a couple questions and I got scared so I ran off to the park and they called the cops,” says Dominic Guerrisi.
Police took him home. That’s when his mom was arrested and charged with child neglect. Gainey says she was shocked.
“My own bondsman said my parents would have been in jail every day,” says Gainey who paid nearly $4,000 to bond out.
Gainey plans to fight the felony charge. But after this she won’t let Dominic go to the park alone. She’s afraid she’ll be arrested again.
The St. Lucie County State’s Attorney’s office says there is no law that specifies how old a child has to be before he or she can go somewhere unsupervised. It’s done on a case-by-case basis.
So a mother is charged with a felony for letting her son walk to a nearby park, yet we can’t put a single banker in jail for the financial crisis. Justice. American style.
Repeat after me: USA! USA! USA!
For more examples of citizens being treated like worthless cattle by the “justice” system read:
Connecticut Man Arrested for “Passive Aggressive” Behavior to a Watermelon
New Jersey Threatens to Take 13-Year-Old Student From His Father Due to “Non-Conforming Behavior”
Hyper-Sensitive Illinois Mayor Orders Police Raid Over Parody Twitter Account
Charleston Man Receives $525 Federal Fine for Failing to Pay for a $0.89 Refill
The “War on Street Artists” – Puppeteer Unlawfully Arrested and Harassed in NYC Subway
Video of the Day – Thuggish Militarized Police Terrorize and SWAT Team Iowa Family
Full article here.
In Liberty,
 

Michael Krieger

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment